2013 Palmina Tocai Friulano, Honea Vineyard
Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara, California
Call 415-288-0470 for help with your order.
10% case discount on 12 or more bottles, any combination. Use promo code "12plus".
This fetching 2013 Tocai Friulano is a very true new world expression of an old world, Italian varietal. Steve actually made two different wines that eventually became one. 90% of the grapes were whole cluster pressed into stainless steel tanks where they settled for 48 hours before being racked off to another tank to start fermentation. The other 10% went through 30 days of skin contact before being pressed off into neutral barrels to mature for six months. Those two wines were blended together and bottled as this one neat wine. The end result is a finely tuned California Tocai Friulano that shows bright Meyer lemon and golden apple aromas and flavors with the classic toasted almond finish so identified with Friulano (as it's now called in the E.U.) from Friuli, Italy. And because food is equally important to the Cliftons they recommend pairing it with those "wine-unfriendly" vegetables, asparagus and artichokes, whose bountiful harvests are eagerly awaited each spring in Friuli, to be enjoyed, naturally, with Friulano.
Tell me more . . .
Check out our new arrivals!Explore »
WINES UNDER $20
Great wines at great prices!Explore »
Some of our staff favorites!Explore »
Wine Club Selections
These wines have us talking.Explore »
Great gift ideas for wine lovers!Explore »
Wine enthusiast accessories!Explore »